Science Tour is a guided walk with a science theme! If you’d like to see the beautiful city of Copenhagen and enjoy good stories behind great discoveries, this is the tour for you. The history of Copenhagen is deeply entangled into the history science! We start at 10.00 am by The Round Tower (Rundetårn) and take a walk “inside the walls” of the old city centre of Copenhagen. Among the beautiful houses and squares we learn about some of the worlds biggest scientists and scientific discoveries. It’s a great starting point for getting to know Copenhagen and the astonishing history of science in Denmark, covering the fields of electromagnetism, astronomy , geology, quantum physics – and beer brewing. Along the way, we’ll get an overview of the groundbreaking discoveries of Niels Bohr, Tycho Brahe, HC Ørsted, Inge Lehmann, Niels Steensen and Ole Rømer.
Further details below.
Booking and payment -please select a date and number of visitors:
Guided Science Tour – Information
Don’t worry! There are no prerequisites for this guided science tour – you don’t need any math or physics skills to follow! (But maybe you’ll learn something along the way :).
- Guided walk in the beautiful old inner city Copenhagen.
- Great overview of the history of science in Copenhagen – the you-must-know-this tour.
- Insight into the science and how the great discoveries came about (don’t worry, we’ll keep it simple unless you ask for more!).
- Insight into the scientific and social environment of the times. The historical approach to science is a great way to learn and a great way to experience Copenhagen!
- The best of the myths, anecdotes and fun-facts.
- Educated guide, M.Sc. in physics.
Duration approx. 1.5 hours.
Starting point: 10.00 am by The Round Tower (Rundetårn); by the trees close to the entrance to the tower. We are back at the Round Tower at 11.30. Address: Købmagergade 52A / Landemærket 3. Please notice; this is a tour for booked participants – use the calendar above to book/or make an appointment in advance by calling or sending an email.
Dress according to the weather! We only cancel in extreme weather (which is rare) or in case of other problematic conditions.
Languages: English and Danish.
Price per person: 300 dkr. /40 euro
The cost of this tour includes fees and taxes, so don’t worry about extra cost.
Please note; this tour may not be fully accessible for disabled.